Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sufi Influences


I haven’t blogged much about the sufi influence on my Work. Over the course of several years Mushtaq posted a lot of interesting things about Sufism on the sufi-studies Yahoo user group. These always prompted a wide variety of discussions and live demonstrations of various types, and levels, of human behavior, and I learned a lot.

Mushtaq's The Hidden Conversation remains my favorite sufi-studies discussion, and he pulled most of that material together and posted it all as a single blog entry, sort of a 7 course meal served all at once. I just want to nibble a little appetizer out of that corpus for right now.

My personal objective for the remaining years of my life center around integrating three things: the True, the Good, and the Beautiful.

One component of the Hidden Conversation that helps with the “How?” of doing it employs Attention, Intention, and Presence.

I see the tasks ahead of me somewhat like this:


Finding the True through Attention

Developing the Good through Intention

Experiencing the Beautiful through Presence

All right! (pardon the drool) I see Mushtaq has started gearing up for some good stuff on his Traceless Warrior blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home