Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dream Report Cards

I have a dream reporting scheme I started using a few years back as I continued to pursue dream practice. It has morphed and changed a bit over the years. One of the projects on my to-do list involves going back through my dream journals from 1997-2000 and identify all the lucid dreams. I think that over that particular period of time I had my biggest successes.

I’ve ended up preferring color schemes over the other various grading schemes I have used:

RED – I didn’t think about dreaming at all
ORANGE – I vowed to myself that I would try and recall my dreams, but ended up doing little more than that
YELLOW – I had a lot of dream activity, but darn it, I can’t remember a single detail of any of them
YELLOW GREEN – I remembered dream(s) but did not jot down any notes
GREEN – I jotted down a few dream notes

PURPLE – LUCID DREAM!!!


My logs from 2000-2005:



NOTE: I keep these logs in addition to the logs for tracking my Dream Yoga activity.

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2006, Blogger Stickman said...

Interesting dream log. I've kept a journal off and on for 30 years. At one point I began having so many lucid dreams I was waking up several times a night to write down long and detailed records. I finally was getting so tired from the interruptions to my sleep that I said I wouldn't write in my log, at which point the dreams promptly stopped. I still get a few good ones from time to time, though.

 
At January 25, 2006, Blogger J. Stull said...

Hi stickman, I have pretty much ended up in the same situation. I went from having very poor dream recall, to having so much dream recall that I started having huge sleep debts from trying to write stuff down, and then back to having poor dream recall after stopping the extensive note taking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home