Wednesday, August 03, 2005

E-Books

As I started reading a lot of books, I found it somewhat cumbersome to carry around 4-5 books everywhere I went. Sometimes I would forget to bring the book I really wanted to read with me.

Other times I would find myself wanting to read (ie during a boring meeting) but job etiquette wouldn’t allow for that. Or sometimes as I did stuff on my computer, I would have 5 minutes as I waited for a job to finish, but again job etiquette doesn’t allow for reading books.

So I started scanning books and running them through an OCR so that I could just read them on my laptop as a text file.

About a year later I ran across a device called a Rocket E-Reader. It seemed a bit pricey, but I ended up purchasing one anyway.


That company went out of business after a couple of years. So, I ended up just loading books onto my Palm Tungsten T3.




I still prefer a reading device like the Rocket E-Book reader because of its paperback book size, unlike the tiny Palm or somewhat bulky laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home