Sunday, July 10, 2005

Quadrants in Triad Form


I have taken Ken Wilber’s quadrants and adapted it to an Enneagram. I assign values to aspects of the Enneagram that symbolize concepts described by Wilber.

Ken Wilber assigns a certain perspective to his UL quadrant and a certain perspective to his UR quadrant.

I assign that UL perspective to the I->It segment, and the UR perspective to the It->I segment of the I-We-It triad.

And similarly the LL and LR quadrants:


So the Enneagram triad provides for 6 different perspectives:

I-It The subjective inner experience (the meditation experience)
It-I The objective measurements (measuring a meditator)
It-We Observing/studying social/cultural behavior
We-It Experiencing social/cultural customs
We-I It takes a village to raise a child
I-We What the greatest human beings of all time passed on to us

That provides me with 6 perspectives for building some sort of integral practice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home