Saturday, November 19, 2005

Service Management Kitchen

In my current Livelihood position I manage an IT program using an ITIL Service Management model. High level depictions of Service Management often show this diagram integrating technology, processes, and people.



However, I prefer to use an Enneagram to depict this.



It reminds me a lot of the popular “kitchen” Enneagram that depicts the process for transforming raw food into something customers consume. Only in the case of Service Management, technology gets “transformed” into a service that customers consume.



As much fun as I have with that, I have even more fun applying it to the study of personal transformation. For instance, the process of "transforming" raw sensations into the reality I experience:

6 Comments:

At November 21, 2005, Blogger Topwomen said...

ok, let me try that again.

I just wanted to say that I do read your blog from time to time, interesting stuff, but I can't comment too much on Enneagrams as I'm not all that familiar.

 
At November 22, 2005, Blogger J. Stull said...

Hey RGMB, thanks. I also follow your blogging adventures: house remodeling, children, cat-in-the-wall etc. As far as Enneagrams, I don’t really know a lot about them either. But they seem to provide a powerful way to “map” stuff in a holistic manner that almost defies verbal analysis.

 
At November 26, 2005, Blogger Topwomen said...

This is a test. Do you go back to your previous posts to see if there are comments?

anyway, thanks, you're right my blog is filled with adventures!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

 
At November 27, 2005, Blogger J. Stull said...

RGMB I just lucked out and passed your test, this time. I just changed my blog template so that comments show up on the main page instead of having to click on the comments link to see them. Otherwise I do tend to miss them sometimes.

We had a quiet (my favorite kind) Thanksgiving at my wife's sister's house.

 
At December 06, 2005, Blogger Matt said...

yours is the first blog I've seen with the comments inline the way they are. It definitely is a plus in many respects. I'm thinking of maybe trying this out on my own blog.

rgmb -- if you have e-mails sent when you receive comments, then you will always know when someone has commented on a post.

 
At August 08, 2013, Blogger John Michle said...

The facts and the other information given here are quite considerable, would be so far better idea to look for more of that kind for having better results.

Service Management Software

 

Post a Comment

<< Home