Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Drawing


This Betty Edwards book helped me see differently. I didn't realize how much I don't really see physical reality, but instead see a symbolic representation of physical reality. That symbolic reality fuses with physical reality to the point that I really can't tell the difference.

That becomes apparent whenever I have a lucid dream and look around at everything in the dream. It reminds me that I continually mistake my mental models for physical reality.

Drawing symbols:





Drawing what I see:

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2005, Blogger Topwomen said...

First regarding "Drawing on the right side of the brain". WONDERFUL book, my 15 year old original edition has a broken spine and missing pages. That book, in addition to numerous art anatomy books, helped me in art tremendously!

I never thought about my mind perception of physical realities in my lucid dreams, I'll have to keep that in dreammind.

Does this post indicate that you've had a recent lucid dream?

 
At September 14, 2005, Blogger J. Stull said...

No lucid dream. In fact, I checked my logs and the last one happened way back on July 28.

Next to flying, I find looking around at the dreamscape the most exhilerating thing to do when having a lucid dream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home