Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Wife's Death



On Sept 27, 2006 my wife Jane committed suicide. My world changed forever. I have tried to practice mindfulness using breath awareness for a number of years now. Jane killed herself by denying herself life sustaining breath.

I did not truly understand the pain that Jane suffered. I could not take her perspective on life without my own filter, a filter in which suicide does not exist as an option. But it sure did for her, although she kept that option a secret.

I have experienced a myriad of feelings since this tragic event; guilt, sadness, anger, regrets, longing, despair.

But mostly, I just really miss her.


6 Comments:

At November 13, 2006, Blogger Doni said...

Love U 2 Bobo...very, very much - Lil Sis

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger Topwomen said...

J. I'm so terribly sad to hear this tragic news. Please take care.

 
At November 30, 2006, Blogger Katherine Kean said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

You've created a beautiful tribute.

 
At December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's you, you killed her BASTARD!!!!
the s#$% you post on here is retarded, what is your obsession with all these young girls. Kill yourself!

 
At January 11, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. The tribute to your wife is beautiful. It's great that you are holding onto the richness of the memories you had with her.

 
At September 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've survived the worst year of your life. We commend you---each year will get better, but memories will always be there. Just remember we are your "west coast family" :-) Luv U

 

Post a Comment

<< Home